- I am having trouble finding an item using the search feature.
- How do I use the Advanced Search?
- What are my shipping options?
- My order doesn't seem to be processing and I don't know why.
- How do I pay by check?
- How do I place an order using a purchase order?
- When placing my order I can’t check out. Why?
- The PDF file I am trying to print or save doesn’t print or save. How can I print or save a PDF file?
- I am getting an error message when I try to view a PDF file. What can I do to acess the PDF?
- Tips for sending a gift.
- I am part of the UW-Extension/Educator system and I do not see the appropriate discount, why?
- Where do I enter my 'Coupon Code'?
- The item I want says, "Currently Out of Stock." What does that mean?
If you still need help, please call 877-947-7827, Monday through Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm CST, or send us an email at email@example.com
When using the search features on the Learning Store website, there are two search areas:
1. The search box in the upper right-hand corner of the page will search by title, product number (SKU), or a keyword from the title.
The Advanced Search,
located on the black bar under the Learning Store logo, offers searching by:
· Product number (SKU)
· Author’s name
· Price range
· Manufacturer (This refers to the UW-Extension Program Area.)
When using the advanced search, remember to check the appropriate box and/or use the pull down menus to refine the search.
As of spring 2010, the Learning Store offers up to five choices for shipping, depending on the size of your order and where it is to be shipped. The shipping method with the lowest cost will be listed first when you place your order. Remember to use the drop down list to to choose the shipping method you want to use.
Here is a list of the methods the Learning Store uses for shipping:
- UPS Ground
- UPS Second Day Air - Limited Service - Call Customer Service 877-947-7827, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday, Central Time to see if this service is available for your order.**
- FedEx Ground
- FedEx Standard Overnight - Limited Service - Call Customer Service 877-947-7827, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Monday - Friday, Central Time to see if this service is available for your order. **
- USPS - United States Postal Service (limited to items like DVDs and orders weighing under 13 ounces)*
*If you choose USPS your shipment cannot be guaranteed as there is no way to track an order sent First Class Mail. If you do not receive an order that is sent USPS, the Learning Store cannot be responsible. Please choose another method if you require a guarantee for the delivery.
**UPS Second Day Air and FedEx Standard Overnight are available on a limited basis. Orders place Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday (Wednesday AM only) may qualify for this service. Call Customer Service to see if your order qualifies for these services, 877-947-7827, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm, Central Time.
Please Note: Orders and shipments will be processed on regular business days Monday through Friday. Weekends and holidays are not counted as business days for order processing and shipping. Most orders will ship within 3-7 business days.
My order will not place correctly, why?
From time to time customers report having a problem placing an order. Here are a few reasons that might be the case:
- Item is a $0.00 price – If you see an item with a $0.00 price, there is most likely a reason that it does not cost anything.
- ‘Electronic Download Only’ - This indicates that you may view, download and save this file to your computer or print this PDF file on your own printer. The ‘Electronic Download Only’ files are not for sale at this time.
- Item must be ordered from ‘Other Location’ – These publications are no longer available through the Learning Store; where possible we have indicated the vendor that you may purchase them from. These items are not $0.00, we have entered that amount as we do not know the current price. You should contact the suggested vendor for current pricing. Most types of these publications are 4-H oriented.
- Zip code field contains more than 5 digits – use only your 5 digit zip code for billing and shipping addresses.
- Address field contains more than 30 characters - Our two address fields will each process up to 30 characters including spaces. If your address is more than 30 characters, including the spaces, please use both address fields so that your order will process properly.
- No shipping method selected – Please make sure that you have checked one of the radio buttons that indicates the method that you are choosing for shipping.
- You must have an existing account or create one and you must be logged in.
- You must create a password in order to complete creating your account. Your order will not process if you do not have a working password. The password must contain each of the following characters: one upper case letter, one lower case letter and one non-letter and be at least 6 characters in length.
If after checking the above you are still unable to place your order, please call customer service at 877-947-7827.
back to top
What does 'Currently Out of Stock" mean?
If you see "Currently out of stock" listed in the description area of a publication's webpage you are not able to put this item in your cart. This means that the item is not available for purchase at this time. An item could be in revision stages and the new version is not available; the item might be something that we obtain from another extension and we are in the process of reordering it; or there may be other factors that have prompted this status. If you have questions about the availability of an item that is 'Currently out of stock," please call customer service at 877-947-7827, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, Monday-Friday, Central Time.
I want to pay by check. Where do I send my payment?
If you would like to pay by check, please make your check payable to:
Please send your payment to:
The Learning Store
432 N Lake St., Rm 227
Madison, WI 53706
Using a Purchase Order
There is a $5.00 UW-Extension surcharge/processing fee for each purchase order (PO) used.
If you do not have an existing account with The Learning Store, it is necessary to call us at 877-947-7827 to see if you are eligible to use a purchase order and to set up your account.
Private entities (businesses and individuals) requesting to be invoiced will incur a $5.00 UW-Extension surcharge/processing fee that will be added to your order for invoicing. If you are able to use a credit card for your purchase you will avoid the additional $5.00 fee that is applied for invoicing.
back to top
PDF Files – I want to print or download a publication that has a PDF file on your website.
Many of the Learning Store publications have a PDF file that you can view before you make your purchase. If available, the PDF is located in the ‘Description’ section of the webpage that is unique to each publication. If there is not a PDF file icon in that section, there most likely is not a PDF file for preview, download or printing.
When printing a file, please remember to use the tool bar that opens when you open the PDF. There is a printer icon on the far right side of this tool bar. When you put your cursor over the icon, a window will appear directing you to: “Click to print this PDF file or pages from it.”
- Upon occasion a document may not print correctly. Please check to see what version of Adobe Acrobat Reader you have installed on your computer. (The latest is version Adobe Reader X (10.1.0). as of August 2011) If you have an older version it may be necessary to download the current version. You may download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Then try printing the page(s) again after installing the most current version. A few publications are not printable, although they can be viewed and ordered.
When saving the file to your computer, please remember to use the tool bar that opens when you open the PDF. There is a floppy disc icon next to the printer icon on the right-hand side of this tool bar. When you put your cursor over the floppy disc icon, a window will appear directing you to: “Click to save this file to your computer or another location.”
You can navigate through the pages using the arrows that point up and down on the tool bar. You can also change the size of the page using the tool bar.
If you are still having problems viewing, printing or saving a PDF file, please contact customer service, 877-947-7827, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm Central Time and we will be happy to assist you further.
back to top
Viewing PDF files.
Upon occasion a PDF file will not open properly and you may receive and error message. If you are using FireFox as your browser, try viewing the PDF file with Internet Explorer. If this does not work, please let us know at the Learning Store and we will investigate further as to why the file is not opening properly. You can email us or call toll-free, 877-947-7827. If we are unavailable to take your call you can leave us a message and remember to include the title and item number of the PDF that you are referring to.
back to top
I am sending a gift…
You have the option to include a note when you purchase and ship a gift. It is ALWAYS a good idea to let the person you are sending the gift to know to expect something from the Learning Store in case they miss the note. Recently, a customer who was sent a gift didn't receive a note indicating that a gift was being sent. This customer believed the package was sent in error and contacted us only to learn that a family member had purchased a gift. This is just one example of why it is a good idea to give the gift recipient a ‘heads-up’ when you order something and have it sent as a gift.
back to top
You must be logged in to view the 'Staff Discount'. UW-Extension faculty and staff are eligible for the staff discount. Please make sure you are logged in to your account on the Learning Store website to view your discount before you place your order. If you are unable to log in, please contact us. If you have logged in and are still unable to see your 'Staff Discount', please contact us at 877-947-7827, 8:30 am - 4:00 pm. Monday-Friday, Central Time. If you are setting up a new account you will not automatically be given the tax exempt status or the staff discount. You MUST CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE to set up a new account in order to receive the proper tax exempt status and staff discount.
back to top
Coupon codes are attached to items that are FREE TO WISCONSIN RESIDENTS and other groups, plus shipping and handling. These codes are listed on the page that describes the item. Upon occasion items offered at reduced rates for all customers are assigned their own coupon codes. To enter the code:
- You must proceed to the checkout area.
- You must be logged in.
- Enter the code on the right-hand section of the checkout page in the area that indicates you may edit your order.
If you are still unable to find the appropriate text box to enter the code, please contact Customer Service, 877-947-7827, Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-4:00 pm Central Time.
back to top